Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Which rcas on head unit are the ones for the amp?

My head unit is one of them dvd/navi systems and on the back it has all kinds of rca hook ups. Since I couldn't figure out which to hook to in the begining I just bought an inline converter and installed that but now I want to find the right set of rcas, if I was to hook my amps rcas to the wrong rcas runing from the back of the cd player would it mess up anything?



or can I try plugging it into whichever ones and see what happens?



I did try it in the ones that said "audio output" and I hooked the red to red and the black from the amp to the white one (since there was no black)



Audio output r is the red and audio output L is the white one.



Thats my of which ones the right set. and when I hooked it in there my sub started punding like it should, since it's a w7`



Heres my options:



Audio output R (RED)

Audio output L(WHITE)

Video out (YELLOW

Audio in L (WHITE)

Audio in R (RED)

Video in (YELLOW)

PRE FROUT (RED)

PRE FLOUT (WHITE)

PRE RROUT (RED)

PRE RLOUT (WHITE)

Coaxial (ORANGE)

Subwoofer (WHITE)



Additional Details

It's a 13 w7 and jl audio 1000 1 ampWhich rcas on head unit are the ones for the amp?
audio out putWhich rcas on head unit are the ones for the amp?
You need to use the pre out for the sub. Go to radio shack and get a y spliter rca to plug into the subwoofer pre out. It turns the single jack into a doube jack. That will help the sound of the sub. Which stereo did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment