Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How do you hook up a VCR to a DVD/VCR combo unit w/o a cable box?

Hello,

I have a rather large collection of VHS tapes that I have taped myself that I would like to convert to DVD. I took the past 3 months to look through the collection by using a late model stand alone Toshiba Model number W528 4 head VCR. I used this Toshiba for a 3 month period to test out which VHS tapes I wanted to keep that were of good quality, both picture and sound wise. This Toshiba worked like a charm and allowed me to determine what tapes to keep after all these years and which ones were no longer of any use to me.



I also own a Phillips DVD recorder VCR model number DVDR3545V that I was going to use to transfer these good quality VHS tapes to DVD. However, when I played these very same tapes in this machine, the tapes would not read properly on the VHS side and the picture would fade in and out, rendering whatever copy I could make useless.



I'm a self admitted novice when it comes to hooking up devices and always relied on combo units in the 90's to make copies from VHS to VHS, so I looked online and did different searches to try and figure out how to hook up a stand alone VCR to a DVD/VCR combo unit.



Unfortunately, all of these searches involved having a cable or a converter box, of which I own neither. I'm probably one of the few people out there that still does not have digital cable and only has standard tier cable without ultilizing a cable box. Instead, I have a coaxial cable running to the back of my DVD/VCR recorder in the IN antenna port and have white and yellow cables running from the out ports on the back of the DVD/VCR side of the recorder into the IN ports of my TV so I can watch and tape from the TV.



I wanted to know if it is at all possible to hook up this Toshiba VCR to my DVD recorder without ultilizing a cable box or a converter or a modulator of any kind.



I don't understand for the life of me why the VHS side of my Philips DVD recorder won't read the very same tapes that my Toshiba stand alone VCR read perfectly.



Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!!



Thank you!



JoeHow do you hook up a VCR to a DVD/VCR combo unit w/o a cable box?
Hey Joe,

We have been doing this for photo shops throughout the country for over 30 years (starting with the old film reels to VHS) and now more of VHS to dvd in large quantities. Now we provide service for individuals as well. They are burned with professional equipment and they come with a nice dvd case and cover with your video chapters that we create on it.

website: reeltoreelvideo.org
phone: (516) 935-1492, direct line (516) 749-5659
email: support@reeltoreelvideo.netHow do you hook up a VCR to a DVD/VCR combo unit w/o a cable box?
It sounds like the VCR tapes are pre-recorded %26amp; have built in anti copy protection in the command track. Sorry, but you will have to keep a VCR handy

No comments:

Post a Comment