Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What's wrong with my DTV Converter Box?

I got one of these Philco DTV Converter Boxes with one of those discount cards. It seems to be stuck in "RF Through" mode. I can't get it to hard reset.



Basically the unit worked fine when I first got it, but after a couple of hours, it seemed to have gotten stuck somehow in RF Through mode. When I turn on the unit, I can see the reception from my antenna, but when I turn the unit off, reception cuts out. When I press "Setup", nothing comes up. I have left the unit unplugged for over a week in an attempt to hard reset it; no avail.What's wrong with my DTV Converter Box?
Can't help but think the thing simply up and broke, I'd suggest you scurry back to the store for an exchange within their returns period, if not then you'll have to deal with warranty work.



One caveat with those cards, if you return a box for cash, you cannot get the $40 back, it's gone forever.
  • cream tones
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment