Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DTV Converter box is emitting a loud, high-pitched noise when off?

My Apex DTV converter box has recently started emitting a piercing, high-pitched noise when it is off that comes on louder the longer the box is off. I can hear it from my bedroom which is 60 feet from my living room. It goes away when the unit is on. I've turned the power strip off and on and unplugged the box and plugged it back in, but none of these things has stopped the noise.



It's piercing and annoying! Anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what I should do about it besides throw it out the window and get a better one?DTV Converter box is emitting a loud, high-pitched noise when off?
A loud noise coming from your converter is a sign that something is seriously wrong with it. Return it and get a new one before it catches on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment