Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Why does my head unit randomly cut off audio signals to my speakers?

I recently finished setting up a pair of 10'' subs with a Scosche SA300 amplifier in my RAV4. I am using the stock head unit as I didn't feel the need to buy an aftermarket one. Because its stock, it didn't have any RCA outputs, so I had to use high level outputs from the rear speakers. My amplifier has high level input capability, so I fed it the signal from the two rear speakers.



Everything sounds great, but whenever I turn the volume up really loud (my head unit goes from 0 to 62, and I have the volume set to 46-48), all of a sudden the signal cuts from all of the speakers whenever the bass hits. The head unit DOES NOT turn off, its still on, but there is absolutely no sound even when I turn the volume up or down. The only way to get it working again is to set the volume back down anywhere between 0-30, turn the car off, and put it back on again (with or without actually starting the engine). I find that sometimes, if the engine is running, and if the signal cuts from all the speakers again, if I lower the volume down to anywhere between 0-20, it would play music again. But, if the engine is off, and the ignition is in ACC and I have this problem, I have to turn the ignition to OFF and then turn it back to ACC again.



What could be causing this problem? I've been thinking about buying a line out converter and see if using RCA inputs could solve the problem. But, for now, I just want to know whats causing the problem. Can anyone help me?



Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!Why does my head unit randomly cut off audio signals to my speakers?
Be sure to fav my resonse!



The first thing to consider is if the amp is using it's auto turn on feature. Did you run a wire to switch the amp on and off? If the amp is using it's "auto turn on feature" It is turning itself on and off when it senses the signal coming in from the high level wires. What is happening to your system is because the amp is pulling too much from the speaker wiring, shorting out the OEM audio speakers. When Speakers are shorted out, the sound will stop and they will "freeze", while the head unit appears to work fine. So, If you are auto turning on, switch to a remote wire connected to the ignition wire under the dash, or behind the OEM radio! However, This may not solve your problem as the high level input may still function the exact same way, so if adding an individual remote turn on wire does not solve the problem, you must add the Line out converter. adding the line out converter will be easy because you can cut the plug off the wires you ran for the high level, and splice those to the LOC input-



This will fix your problem!!!Why does my head unit randomly cut off audio signals to my speakers?
woof

No comments:

Post a Comment