Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How do I install subs and an amp with a line output converter?

I just bought subs for my 1999 camaro, and I'm not sure how to hook them up. Do I necessarily need experience to do this? But, my main issue is I don't want to mess with my factory head unit at all ... That's why I bought a line output converter for my stuff.



Anyway, anyone explain how to do this? and, where does the LOC go? I read on a few sites that you don't have to mess with your head unit necessarily. But, if anyone can help me, please do!



The things I have are



- 2 12" subs in boxed

- Amplifier wiring kit 8 gauge (20 ft)

- Line Output Convertor



Is this all I need?



Thanks guys!How do I install subs and an amp with a line output converter?
when I installed a line output convertor for my sister's car, I hooked it to the wires behind the headunit.

it should've come with instruactions. you need to splce into the speaker wires (do NOT cut them. you strip them and then connect another wire to the bare wire you just stripped back.) and connec them to the correct spot on the LOC.



But I've heard of other people just splicing into the wires for the rear speakers back at the trunk.



But you're still gonna need to pull the headunit out to run a remote wire to the amp.

No comments:

Post a Comment