Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MP3 player sound converter to non headphone sound signal?

Any person with limited knowledge knows that you can't just plug in a MP3 player into a car or home sound system and get the best sound you can. There has to be a converter involved somewhere and I know this. My question is. Is there a device that I can introduce between a portable MP3 player and say a car stereo head unit that does this conversion. I have a MP3 player and a deck with a AUX input in the form of a standard headphone jack, I know there is a sound issue sine the deck has a IPOD connection and with headphones each unit sounds the same but if I use the AUX input it sounds bad.

My current Ipod is my 11th one and I am sick and tired of the low quality internal workings and over all physical inability to handle day to day bumps and thumps.. So I want to go only with much cheaper MP3. Not interested in going with front USB decks and any other from of transmission. Just want to use the MP3's headphone jack..MP3 player sound converter to non headphone sound signal?
That "conversion" is usually more of an impedance match, which can get complicated. Search on that general topic and you'll probably find an answer.



Here's a decent random article: http://beavishifi.com/articles/headphonejack/

No comments:

Post a Comment