Saturday, February 11, 2012

What do I do if the connections on my new DVD burner don't exist in my computer?

I just tried to plug in my new Pioneer DVD burner but when I removed the old one, the connections for the old one are nothing at all like the new one. The old one is Samsung.



Would there be converters to plug in or do I need a complete new cord and plug, plugged into the burner and the motherboard?



The old unit has two different plugs plugged into it, but the new one just has one plug and they're completely different. Don't know what to do. Please help!What do I do if the connections on my new DVD burner don't exist in my computer?
looks like you had an IDE drive and now you have a SATA



use to be wide ribbon cable about 1.5 to 2 inches wide with 2 row socket?



now is it a small thin cable usually red or orange?



do you have a SATA port on your motherboard.. if not you have 2 choices. get another dvd drive ... that is ide or sata the opposite that you have now or get a pci sata card and plug it into that..

I would just get the right drive for your motherboard

No comments:

Post a Comment