Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Help with line output converter... ?

I have an 01 Monte Carlo SS with a factory amp under the rear trunk lid. I have the stock head unit. I have two 12 inch kickers and a Rockford fosgate amp. I have a line output converter spliced into the rear speaker wires going into the rear speakers. The subs I had before sounded bad and I thought it was the subs but I have brand new ones and still the sound quality is not so good. When I shake the line output converter wires that are spliced into the rear speakers the subs make random bass noises. I'm wondering if there is a better place to put the line out converter (before/after factory amp?) or if the converter is just bad. Any input would help. Thanks!Help with line output converter... ?
At this point I'd worry more about the connections (wiring) than where to put the converter.

If you shake the wiring and it makes noise, then the connections are poorly made, and require repair. Solder the connections rather than just wrapping them together.
  • lipcolor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment