Saturday, February 11, 2012

Help with sound system install in Grand Am?

I have a 2003 Grand Am Gt with the Monsoon sound system, and I recently bought two 12" kenwoods and 1200 watt Xplod amp. I want to install them with the original head unit. I was told to buy a level line converter so I don't have to change the head unit but I'm also not sure about the monsoon amp that's already in the car. Any help and suggestions on how to install them would be great.Help with sound system install in Grand Am?
How many speakers or woofers ou plan on using? 2-channel or 4 channel amplifiers? How about the Monsoon amp? It was probably a 4 channel amp. You may want to check out this website and get some ideas. Oh yeah, one more thing. You need to find out how many Ohm's your woofers run on (2 or 4 ohm). I would probably pull everything out and start from ground up. Always a good idea to check the ohms for every speaker before you hook additional things up to it.

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment