Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Help! I can't get my torque converter to bolt up.?

I have a 93 Silverado with a 4.3. I pulled motor and trans out as a unit. Replaced the crankshaft, flexplate and some seals in the trans. Now I'm trying to get the trans back on. I pushed the converter all the way back and slid the transmission up to the block. Bolted that in place.Then I tried to put the converter bolts in but there was a 1/4 gap between the converter and flexplate. If I put the torque converter bolts in, it will pull the converter out as I tighten them. Not good. Never had this problem before. The trans is a 4L60E shallow pan. Help! I can't get my torque converter to bolt up.?
if the converter is all the way back into the pump and when you get ready to bolt it up to the flex plate, it will have to be pulled out against the flex plate so you can bolt it up. don,t worry, it won,t pull out of the front pump as long as you had it all the way back into the pump. it,s suppose to pull out some to get it bolted up.
So long as you didn't do anything as far as transmission disassembly, then you should be ok. If you made sure the Torque Converter seated right with the input shaft, the stator, impeller, and the turbine, then you should be good. It won't hurt it to pull it where it needs to be IF you have done everything right.Help! I can't get my torque converter to bolt up.?
If the torque converter easily slides ahead 录", then there is no problem, as long as the flex plate is not bending backwards towards the converter.



禄禄禄Help! I can't get my torque converter to bolt up.?
bolt it up, the 1/4 gap is normal, its not suppose to stay tight to the trans.

No comments:

Post a Comment