Saturday, February 11, 2012

I want to connect my camcorder to an external battery. Should I go through the AC-DC converter or DC directly?

I have a Sony HandyCam DCR-PC5E camcorder that, to run off AC power, uses a dummy battery (NP-FS11 style) that has a wire running from it, which connects to an AC-to-DC converter and then, obviously, to the power socket (the cable from the camcorder to the AC-to-DC unit is called DK-115).



Check out http://www.henrys.com/manuals/sony/DCR-PC5(en).pdf

Page 5 for cable photos



I could keep things simple and just connect the entire cable to portable AC battery pack such as Black %26amp; Decker CPI100B:



http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID=17894



Or I can use just the DK-115 half of the power cable and connect it directly to a battery (well, with something in between to control the voltage). So I'll be going DC to DC directly.



1) Will I be saving much power by using the 2nd method, by not having to convert DC to AC to DC, that its worth bothering with?



2) And if so, how can I construct such a device? For the life of me I couldn't figure out the name of the DC cable connector of the DK-115. I will need to know it so I can purchase its female counterpart. And also, what should I use to regulate the power from the battery? (I've looked for a complete DC package that I can buy ready but none are compatible with my make/model camcorder)



Thanks!I want to connect my camcorder to an external battery. Should I go through the AC-DC converter or DC directly?
well, guy, i think there is no need to prepare a AC or DC charger for your camcorder. for the price of a replacement battery is so cheap, i once wanted a charger connector for my camcorder, but after i explore the online battery store, oops! the price of a battery is only C$12 ,so i got a new battery, never charger again. here is the website: http://www.canada-battery.ca/camcorder-b鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment