Saturday, February 11, 2012

I bought a portable AC window unit for my mom's room, But there are size issues.?

She NEEDS this window unit, But the minimum window width has to be 24" But her windows are only 18", Is there any converter to make this work? It's for the sake of her health, Someone please help.I bought a portable AC window unit for my mom's room, But there are size issues.?
other option..is find a stand to sit the window unit on..find a local sheet metal shop and have them make you a reducing plenum that you can go from 24 to 18 inches that can go out the window..attach a long enough hose for the drainage to go out the window..the plenum may cost you around 45 to 60 dollars to have made..the main thing is to find a stand that will be the same height as the window sill..its your mother so make something happen..we only get one..God Bless you both..
You have only a couple of choices.

1. Get a tape measure and measure the window size and get a unit that will fit in the window.

2. Have a competent craftsman install a new window that will accept the AC unit you purchased.

I doubt that there are any other reasonable solutions. I hope she has a recovery. Strokes are very damaging to everyone involved, including the care takers and family.I bought a portable AC window unit for my mom's room, But there are size issues.?
how big is this room?
that's a rather large unit for a single room.
there is no way to fit that unit into that 18 inch window which is rather small for a window. you can usually make a smaller window unit fit by extending the sides, which most window units do.how many btu's is the unit that you bought?I bought a portable AC window unit for my mom's room, But there are size issues.?
Turn it upright. You'll need to drill a drain hole in the bottom corner but it'll work providing it is 18" or less that way.
  • facial treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment