Saturday, February 11, 2012

Trying to connect RCA Converter to Original Head Unit, any ideas?

I have a VW Golf V (Rabbit, MK5) and I purchased a RCA converter to connect my amp to the original rcd300 stereo. I am not sure which one is Left + - and Right + -



I connected them to left and right but it doesnt work so will I need to find out the negatives and positives, or could it be something else. Everything went perfect. Anyone who can help me?Trying to connect RCA Converter to Original Head Unit, any ideas?
Some times those Color codes are not very helpful. I had the same problem and i call the maker and they told me everything i needed. it only took about 5 mins. My module had 6 wires. L-+/R-+ /GND/ and the last (6th) wire was unused. check if the module has a ground. as far as left and right, if all you are connecting is a single amp for subs it doesnt matter as long as you are consistent with whatever pattern you follow. Connect it and if it sound like its out of phase or wierd try swapping you wires. tahts only if you cant get an answer from the manufacturer.Trying to connect RCA Converter to Original Head Unit, any ideas?
Volkswagen Golf Stereo Wiring

Constant 12V+ Red/White

Switched 12V+ Orange

Ground Brown

Illumination Gray/Blue

Dimmer n/a

Antenna Left Front

Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors

Left Front (+) Blue/Black

Left Front (-) Orange/Black

Right Front (+) Red/White

Right Front (-) Orange/White

Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Door

Left Rear (+) Red/Light Green

Left Rear (-) Orange/Black

Right Rear (+) Blue/Light Green

Right Rear (-) Orange/Red

No comments:

Post a Comment