Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I have purchased a SATA hard disk drive, where can I find a power converter for IDE?

I thought that the disk would have a normal IDE power connection as well as a SATA power connection, but it only has the SATA power connection!



I don't want to purchase a further drive so need to find a converter, but I can't find one!



I don't have any SATA power cables coming from my power supply unit, only the normal IDE power cables.



So where can I find a converter that will convert a normal IDE power plug in to something that can plug in to my SATA powered hard disk?I have purchased a SATA hard disk drive, where can I find a power converter for IDE?
拢1.12 from Scan - plus p%26amp;p unless you live near Bolton...

拢4.99 from Maplins - plus p%26amp;p unless they are in stock at a branch near you

拢3.49 from PCWorld - I think that you can avoid p%26amp;p by arranging to collect in store (I may be wrong)

拢2.58 from Dabs - plus p%26amp;p
Your local computer shop will stock them.I have purchased a SATA hard disk drive, where can I find a power converter for IDE?
do a search for



molex to sata converter



and you will find plenty





btw for future reference only western digital drives seem to have the old power connector on them as well as the new oneI have purchased a SATA hard disk drive, where can I find a power converter for IDE?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V鈥?/a>

That should do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment