Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Powershot A610- Won't Power On- Blown Converter?

I have a Canon Powershot A610 which stopped powering on today.

Dunno what happened, was working great all day, then just stops!

Looking online to see how to fix it... Suggests I get a new fuse/power converter chip unit thingy-ma-jig.... I've opened it up

to see what's inside... I don't know where the power fuse thingy is.



Answerer: Please note, I AM a bit of a techy-geek, so don't be scared to get technical. Thanks! Also if you can, please add links to diagrams of internal section of the camera.



THANKS SO MUCH GUYS! I KNOW SOMEONE KNOWS

HOW TO HELP! =)Powershot A610- Won't Power On- Blown Converter?
You've out-geeked anything I've seen here. You sure that the batteries were OK? The voltage regulator can blow but I've only ever heard of that happening with dodgy mains adapters.



If you can replace anything at component level you're in a class of your own. If you're sure that there's a fault in the power handling you may be able to replace a board. You'll need to find a replacement first and I bet Canon won't be that keen to supply one. Your best bet is to find a broken A610 on eBay. There's at least one listed right now that powers up but doesn't do much else. You could end up with two dead A610s but that's how it is at the cutting edge.
  • skin creams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment