Friday, January 20, 2012

How to connect an aftermarket amp to a stock head unit?

I have a 2003 toyota camry, that I installed a jl audio 500.1 amp and a jl audio w6. I bought the system from a friend and i know all the equipment works. I used a line converter, and everything works. The problem is the system sounds like crap! It doesn't get loud or produce deep bass, it sounds muddy and full of distortion, and only plays bass on certain notes. How can I fix this problem?How to connect an aftermarket amp to a stock head unit?
Just for testing, unplug one of the RCA plugs from the LOC. How does it affect the sound? If the sub sounds louder and cleaner with only one RCA connected, you might not have wired the LOC correctly. Try switching the (+) and (-) connections on ONE of the RCA input pairs (left or right).

No comments:

Post a Comment