Friday, January 20, 2012

Hi level inputs or line output converter for aftermarket amp install to factory radio?

I am doing a "stealth" install in my 06 Dodge Ram 2500, and want to hook a Kicker zx1000.1 amp to my factory head unit. Is it better to use a Line Out Converter(LOC) or the Hi Level Inputs on the amp? Which(if either) would give me a cleaner sound?Hi level inputs or line output converter for aftermarket amp install to factory radio?
Both will give about the same sound quality. In your case, I would go with the speaker level inputs. It would be one less thing to dirty up the signal before it reaches the amp. Everything added in line between the source and the amp will add resistance and some level of interference to the signal.
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment