Friday, January 20, 2012

Can a DTV Converter Box Be Manually Tuned w/o a Channel Scan?

I have the RCA DTV Converter Box model #DTA800B1. I want to know if this unit can be manually tuned to a specific channel? When I use the channel up/down button it only tunes to the channels found in the scan and not otherwise. I am trying to get my local CBS affiliate...I can get it on analog but not on DTV. I am using rabbit ears for now until the weather is better to install an outdoor antenna.Can a DTV Converter Box Be Manually Tuned w/o a Channel Scan?
Not really. The way the digital system is set up, the displayed channel number is not necessarily the physical channel the on which the station is transmitting. For instance, our digital signal is physically on channel 38 but shows as 60.1 on TV sets and you punch in 60.1 on your remote control. Because of this, the DTV receivers need to scan to discover what's out there.



Good luck on the outdoor antenna. I'm pretty sure it will work a lot better than the rabbit ears.Can a DTV Converter Box Be Manually Tuned w/o a Channel Scan?
Nope, I was trying to help my dad do the same thing over the holidays. Even directly entering the channel with the remote will not tune it in.

Not all boxes are that way (my MicroGem for example can do it) You will need to get enough signal for to the box to add the desired channel. The box may retain memory long enough to hook it to a rooftop antenna and then move it to your room, but the picture will most likely not be strong enough to sustain a watchable picture.
  • eye application
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment