Friday, January 20, 2012

How much blood can you lose at one time without dying?

Pints, please, or I'll have to go find my unit converter. Also, in seriousness, can anyone say what blood tastes like?

(This is not for some morbid fascination; it's for a book I'm writing).How much blood can you lose at one time without dying?
According to a retired Los Angeles County sheriff's lieutenant, an expert in crime scene analysis and police procedures, during a crime analysis:



"A healthy person, Clark told jurors, walks around with a total blood volume of roughly 12 pints."

"But for death to occur, he said, a person would have to lose about 4 pints, or two of the same IV bags, worth of blood."



This may be found on this link: http://www.courttv.com/trials/polk/06050鈥?/a>

I was in a car accident in Burlington, WI July 2007. I was flight for life to froedert hospital in milwaukee My left wrist was sliced open long ways down a main vein. The Doctors put 21 pints of blood back into my body. My heart stop beating 3 times that night. so the answer to how many pints of blood you can lose and still live is 21 pints of blood. i am living proof my name is nick pauletti.

No comments:

Post a Comment