Friday, January 27, 2012

How do I remove my stock head unit in my 2001 Monte Carlo SS????

hey guys! im trying to install an amplifier to my stock head unit, but in order for my to do that, i have to install a line-out converter. and i REALLY need to know how to get the stock head unit out!! HELP!!!!!How do I remove my stock head unit in my 2001 Monte Carlo SS????
1. Unclip the trim panel above the pedals. (It is not necessary to remove the

panel, it can remain hanging.)

2. Remove (2) 9/32" screws from the knee panel and unclip the panel.

3. Unsnap the driver's side fuse panel cover and remove (1) 9/32" screw.

4. Open the glove box and remove (1) 9/32" screw from the upper left corner.

5. Remove (3) 9/32" screws securing the factory radio and disconnect the

wiring.How do I remove my stock head unit in my 2001 Monte Carlo SS????
Is your Monte Carlo equipped with a Bose audio system? If so, you won't want to connect your LOC behind the head unit. You'll be better off tapping into the rear speaker wiring in the trunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment