Thursday, December 29, 2011

Trying to connect RCA Converter to Original Head Unit, any ideas?

I have a VW Golf V (Rabbit, MK5) and I purchased a RCA converter to connect my amp to the original rcd300 stereo. I am not sure which one is Left + - and Right + -





I connected them to left and right but it doesnt work so will I need to find out the negatives and positives, or could it be something else. Everything went perfect. Anyone who can help me?|||Some times those Color codes are not very helpful. I had the same problem and i call the maker and they told me everything i needed. it only took about 5 mins. My module had 6 wires. L-+/R-+ /GND/ and the last (6th) wire was unused. check if the module has a ground. as far as left and right, if all you are connecting is a single amp for subs it doesnt matter as long as you are consistent with whatever pattern you follow. Connect it and if it sound like its out of phase or wierd try swapping you wires. tahts only if you cant get an answer from the manufacturer.|||Volkswagen Golf Stereo Wiring


Constant 12V+ Red/White


Switched 12V+ Orange


Ground Brown


Illumination Gray/Blue


Dimmer n/a


Antenna Left Front


Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors


Left Front (+) Blue/Black


Left Front (-) Orange/Black


Right Front (+) Red/White


Right Front (-) Orange/White


Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Door


Left Rear (+) Red/Light Green


Left Rear (-) Orange/Black


Right Rear (+) Blue/Light Green


Right Rear (-) Orange/Red

No comments:

Post a Comment